Christmas Events and More!
• Redeemer Adult Christmas Party: Save the Date! Fri, Dec 11 at 6:30pm. Hosted by the Hindmans. Please bring a side dish and a white elephant gift for each person attending.
• Ladies’ Christmas Tea: Save the date—Sat, Dec 5, 9:30-11am at the home of Dot Frett. Ladies of all ages are welcome. Bring your daughters, granddaughters, or a special friend.
• Arsenal Youth Christmas Party: Save the date: Fri, Dec 18. More details to come…...
• Inquirers’/Membership Class: Dec 4, 7-9pm and Dec 6, 11am-3pm. This class will provide more information about Redeemer's mission, values, and beliefs. It is for folks who are interested in learning more about Redeemer and it is also a required class for those who would like to become a member of Redeemer. Interested in participating? Contact Vicky: firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Perspectives Course: What is Perspectives? It is a fifteen week course designed around four vantage points or "perspectives" — Biblical, Historical, Cultural and Strategic. Each one highlights different aspects of God's global purpose. Kempsville Presbyterian Church, January 19 – May 10, 2016 Tuesdays 6:30pm – 9:15 pm. See Roger Pence for information. To register, visit www.perspectives.org
• The Upper Room - Redeemer Singles Gathering Meets every other Friday from 7-8:30pm (see online calendar for specific meeting dates) at the Virginia Garden Organic Grocery 3640 Dam Neck Rd. Topic: The Pilgrim's Progress: A Guided Tour by Derek Thomas. Questions? Contact Shawn Myers: 757-652-4022 or email@example.com
• Care Ministry: If anyone would like to prepare meals to freeze that can be used for needs in our church, contact Erin Strickland. She has a freezer in her garage just for this purpose. firstname.lastname@example.org. Laura Heisler is our new Care Coordinator. If you know of someone in our church with a need, please contact Laura: email@example.com.
• FLOW (Family Living Out the Word): Meets weekly for fellowship and prayer. Don't feel like you have to become a "regular" to join us! We meet every Wednesday from 7-8 PM at the Sitterding home (1218 Meadow Lake Road). Join us when you can!
• Online Church Calendar: Check out our up to date church calendar to stay informed of Redeemer events. Located on our website: www.RedeemerVB.com
• Facebook: Like us on FB to increase our visibility! Facebook.com/redeemervb.
**Missed last week's sermon? Watch/Listen to it here!
Sunday School (meets following the service at 11:00)
-Adult and High School: All-Skate--- bring your questions for Pastor Carlos.
-Arsenal Middle: Flyte: faith.life.together—what the Bible says about tough questions preteens have about God, themselves, & others. Topics related to worldview, health, & school.
DiscipleShip Cove Youth (2nd-5th): “God’s Servants”: learning about some of the lesser known people in the Bible who did great things for God’s kingdom.
(THIS Sunday, the youth will be attending the Compassion Experience—contact Vicky for more details: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dinner Groups: If you are not part of one of Redeemer’s Dinner Groups and would like to participate, contact Vicky Manning: email@example.com. These groups meet approximately once per month and it’s a time of fun, food, and fellowship.
Redeemer Men: Next meeting is Nov 19 (meeting takes place at church fellowship hall). When: Every other Thursday at 6:30AM. 136 S. Lynnhaven Rd. Contact Scott Manning if you have questions. 757-575-9331 firstname.lastname@example.org
The Arsenal: Redeemer's youth group for 6th - 12th graders. Meets following the Sunday Service. High School students will join the adult Sunday School Class. Youth group also schedules regular events. Please check the calendar for details. Questions? Contact David or Katie Clark email@example.com. Arsenal Youth: Rooftop Study for High School Students: Sunday nights 6-8:00pm
DiscipleShip Cove: Children’s Ministry. Ages post-nursery thru 1st and 2nd through 5th. Meets during the Sunday Service. The Sunday school class (for 2nd through 5th) following the service. The current topic is “God’s Servants—learning about some of the lesser known people in the Bible who did great things for God’s kingdom.
The Gathering: "When we work, we work. But when we PRAY, God works!" Morning Prayer Group – all are welcome. Come study the Bible, and give and receive prayer. Meets every Friday morning at 6:30 a.m. at the church office