COVID-19 Update: Phase 1 Services
Dear Redeemer Family,
In accordance with the requests from Lynnhaven Presbyterian Church, we have put together the following proposal in order to resume services at their facilities on May 24, 2020. This proposal will be in place throughout Virginia's 'Safer at Home' Order. Below you will see a paraphrased version of the guidelines that have been proposed and approved. Please read the following carefully, for if you attend our live service during this time you will need to comply. If you would like to receive a copy of the full letter that was sent to the LPC session, please don't hesitate to contact the office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Our occupancy will be limited to 50% of the building's capacity
- Everyone in the building will practice social distancing at all times. Seating will be marked in available 6-foot incraments. Family groups may sit together. There will be ushers available to direect you should you have any questions.
- In compliance with Virginia’s Phase One recommendations, we are strongly encouraging those attending our worship services to wear face coverings over their nose and mouth. We will have face masks available at our entrance should you arrive without one.
- We are currently suspending the passing of the offering plates and communion trays. For the Lord’s Supper, we will use pre-packaged elements to avoid anyone handling food. It will be laid out on the altar in front of the church. Family groups will come up individually, take the elements for themselves, and return to their seats via the side aisles. There will be a trash can in the foyer for you to discard the wrappings yourselves, or you may take them home with you to dispose of there.
- Before and after our services there will be a thorough cleaning and disinfecting of the facilities.
- There will be signs at the entrance that state that no one with a fever or symptoms of COVID-19, or anyone with a known exposure to a COVID-19 case in the past 14 days, is permitted in the building.
- There will be signs directing you which doors to use for entrance and exit.
- Interior doors will remain open during our service to limit touching of door handles.
- There will be sanitizing stations throughout the building; please use them when entering and exiting the building.
- We will use our TVs for all digital messaging, Scripture texts and reading, and we will continue to use a digital bulletin each Sunday. Please visit this page to download your weekly bulletin; feel free to print a copy and bring it for yourself, or you can view it on your phone. We will not provide our usual nametags or children’s bulletins during this time.
- Baptisms will be suspended until further notice.
- We are discontinuing any refreshments or shared meals after the service until further notice. You are welcome to fellowship as long as social distancing is practiced.
- Our worship service will only be held in the new sanctuary. We will not enter the other building during our Sunday service. This means no nursery or children's church will be offered at this time.
Thank you, church family, for your cooperation during this time. We look forward to resume worshiping with you this Sunday!
Carlos Rodriguez, Ken Dodl, Barry Durham, Alex Kassir