See what is happening at Redeemer!
• Ladies’ First Fridays Social: Meet at Azar’s in Hilltop on Fri, Nov 6 at 6:30! Please RSVP to Vicky at email@example.com so we have a number for the reservation.
• Particularization Ceremony: Thurs, Nov 19 at 7pm. Join us for a special time in our church life as we celebrate becoming our own independent congregation. Refreshments served after the service.
• Inquirers’/Membership Class: Dec 4, 7-9pm and Dec 6, 11am-3pm. This class will provide more information about Redeemer's mission, values, and beliefs. It is for folks who are interested in learning more about Redeemer and it is also a required class for those who would like to become a member of Redeemer. Interested in participating? Contact Vicky: firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Volunteer Help Needed: 1- Help is needed with graphics for our website and social media. 2- Help is needed with coordinating the Mercy & Justice Ministry (Food Pantry, PIN, etc). If you can help in either of these areas contact Vicky or Carlos: email@example.com.
• Ushers Needed: Can you help one Sunday morning a month to be an Usher/Greeter? If so, please send a message to Bob Knuth: Knuth@me.com
• FLOW (Family Living Out the Word): Meets weekly for fellowship and prayer. Don't feel like you have to become a "regular" to join us! We meet every Wednesday from 7-8 PM at the Sitterding home (1218 Meadow Lake Road). Join us when you can!
• Japan Mission Weekend: See you THIS weekend! Fri, Oct 23: 7-9pm Sat, Oct 24: 9am-7pm Sun, Oct 25: 11-3. Join us for an immersive missions experience as we enter the world of Chiba City using high definition video shot on location by Pastor Carlos and Will Rodriguez. Along the way, we will make virtual ‘prayer stops’ throughout Chiba City and Tokyo to pray that God would work with mighty power to bring the Gospel to Japan! Prayer stops include: A Buddhist temple in Tokyo, Chiba City University, Chiba Train Station, the Red Light District, A Japanese shopping center, A Samurai fortress, and more!
Events Include: Worship through music, Japanese cuisine, International video games for the youth, Sumo wrestling, and more! Cost: $25/person ($100 family max). Children under 10 free. Contact Vicky Manning: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Men’s Retreat: SIGN UP NOW--https://redeemervb.churchcenteronline.com/registrations/events/8518. Nov 6 & 7. Kiptopeke State Park. “A Man and his work”: Discover how your work can become a blessing to you and others. Pig roast and various manly activities planned.
• Arsenal Youth: Rooftop Study for High School Students: Sunday nights 6-8:00pm (Oct 25-Smores at the Clarks’ home).
• A Reason for Faith: Every Tues at 7pm. Led by Pastor Carlos. Come and learn more about how to be better prepared to share your faith and to have an open dialogue with the skeptical people that you interact with everyday.
• The Upper Room - Redeemer Singles Gathering Meets every other Friday. Next meeting is Fri Oct 30, 7-8:30pm at the Virginia Garden Organic Grocery 3640 Dam Neck Rd. Topic: The Pilgrim's Progress: A Guided Tour by Derek Thomas. Questions? Contact Shawn Myers: 757-652-4022 or email@example.com
• Care Ministry: If anyone would like to prepare meals to freeze that can be used for needs in our church, contact Erin Strickland. She has a freezer in her garage just for this purpose. firstname.lastname@example.org
• “The Best Yes”-Ladies’ Bible Study: INVITE A FRIEND! 10-11:30 Every Tuesday or choose the Saturday study 10-11am in the fellowship hall. In this six-session video-based Bible study Lysa TerKeurst shares how to make better use of the two most powerful words, yes and no. Using Biblical teaching and practical insights this study will help you be more equipped to discern the best yes answers for your life
• Online Church Calendar: Check out our up to date church calendar to stay informed of Redeemer events. Located on our website: www.RedeemerVB.com
• Facebook: Like us on FB to increase our visibility! Facebook.com/redeemervb.
**Missed last week's sermon? Watch/Listen to it here!
Sunday School (meets following the service at 11:00)
Adult and High School: Boy + Girl + God: Putting God in the middle of your relationship.
Arsenal Middle: Flyte: faith.life.together—what the Bible says about tough questions preteens have about God, themselves, & others. Topics related to worldview, health, & school.
DiscipleShip Cove Youth (2nd-5th): “God’s Servants”: learning about some of the lesser known people in the Bible who did great things for God’s kingdom.
Dinner Groups: If you are not part of one of Redeemer’s Dinner Groups and would like to participate, contact Vicky Manning: email@example.com. These groups meet approximately once per month and it’s a time of fun, food, and fellowship.
Redeemer Men: Next meeting is Nov 5 (meeting takes place at church fellowship hall). When: Every other Thursday at 6:30AM. 136 S. Lynnhaven Rd. Contact Scott Manning if you have questions. 757-575-9331 firstname.lastname@example.org
The Arsenal: Redeemer's youth group for 6th - 12th graders. Meets following the Sunday Service. High School students will join the adult Sunday School Class. Youth group also schedules regular events. Please check the calendar for details. Questions? Contact David or Katie Clark email@example.com.
DiscipleShip Cove: Children’s Ministry. Ages post-nursery thru 1st and 2nd through 5th. Meets during the Sunday Service. The Sunday school class (for 2nd through 5th) following the service. The current topic is “God’s Servants—learning about some of the lesser known people in the Bible who did great things for God’s kingdom.
The Gathering: "When we work, we work. But when we PRAY, God works!" Morning Prayer Group – all are welcome. Come study the Bible, and give and receive prayer. Meets every Friday morning at 6:30 a.m. at the church office