High School events, Ladies' Retreat, PIN ministries and more!
· Redeemer Ladies’ Retreat: SIGN-UP NOW to reserve your spot! “Fearless Conversations with God” February 26-28 in Beautiful Sandbridge. Cost: $120/per person. No overnight- $85/per person . Sign up now to reserve your spot: redeemervb.com/ladies-retreat-2016. Financial scholarships available—contact Leigh Ellen at [email protected]
· Arsenal High School: Bible Study: Meets most Sundays at 6pm at the church (see online calendar for exact dates). Saturday January 23: City-wide youth worship event for high school students at Grace Bible Church 7:00 - 9:00. Meet at Qdoba on First Colonial at 5:45 and we will carpool from there.
· PIN (People In Need) Ministry: Date: Sat, Jan 30, 6:45-9:30am. Where: PIN 503 - 15th St. What: Cooking, serving, and cleaning for the homeless. 4 more people are needed. RSVP: Vicky: [email protected] or complete the connect card in the bulletin and put in offering plate.
· Ladies’ First Friday Social: Fri, Jan 8: 6:30pm. Location: Church Kitchen. What: Making freezer meals for our Care Ministry.
· Perspectives Course: What is Perspectives? It is a fifteen week course designed around four vantage points or "perspectives" — Biblical, Historical, Cultural and Strategic. Each one highlights different aspects of God's global purpose. Kempsville Presbyterian Church, January 19 – May 10, 2016 Tuesdays 6:30pm – 9:15 pm. See Roger Pence for information. To register, visit www.perspectives.org
· The Upper Room - Redeemer Singles Gathering Meets every other Friday from 7-8:30pm (see online calendar for specific meeting dates) at the Virginia Garden Organic Grocery 3640 Dam Neck Rd. Topic: The Pilgrim's Progress: A Guided Tour by Derek Thomas. Questions? Contact Shawn Myers: 757-652-4022 or [email protected]
· Care Ministry: If anyone would like to prepare meals to freeze that can be used for needs in our church, contact Erin Strickland. She has a freezer in her garage just for this purpose. [email protected] Laura Heisler is our new Care Coordinator. If you know of someone in our church with a need, please contact Laura: [email protected]
· FLOW (Family Living Out the Word): Meets weekly for fellowship and prayer. Don't feel like you have to become a "regular" to join us! We meet every Wednesday from 7-8 PM at the Sitterding home (1218 Meadow Lake Road). Join us when you can!
· Online Church Calendar: Check out our up to date church calendar to stay informed of Redeemer events. Located on our website: www.RedeemerVB.com
· Facebook: Like us on FB to increase our visibility! Facebook.com/redeemervb.
**Missed last week's sermon? Watch/Listen to it here!
Sunday School – Adult and High School: Christianity: The hope of Islam
Arsenal Middle: Flyte: faith.life.together—what the Bible says about tough questions preteens have about God, themselves, & others. Topics related to worldview, health, & school.
DiscipleShip Cove Youth (2nd-5th): “God’s Servants”: learning about some of the lesser known people in the Bible who did great things for God’s kingdom
Dinner Groups: If you are not part of one of Redeemer’s Dinner Groups and would like to participate, contact Vicky Manning: [email protected] These groups meet approximately once per month and it’s a time of fun, food, and fellowship.
Redeemer Men: Next meeting is Jan 14 (meeting takes place at church fellowship hall). When: Every other Thursday at 6:30AM. 136 S. Lynnhaven Rd. Contact Scott Manning if you have questions. 757-575-9331 [email protected]
The Arsenal: Redeemer's youth group for 6th - 12th graders. Meets following the Sunday Service. High School students will join the adult Sunday School Class. Youth group also schedules regular events. Please check the calendar for details. Questions? Contact David or Katie Clark [email protected] Arsenal Youth: Rooftop Study for High School Students: Sunday nights 6-8:00pm (check calendar for exact dates)
DiscipleShip Cove: Children’s Ministry. Ages post-nursery thru 1st and 2nd through 5th. Meets during the Sunday Service. The Sunday school class (for 2nd through 5th) following the service. The current topic is “God’s Servants—learning about some of the lesser known people in the Bible who did great things for God’s kingdom.
The Gathering: "When we work, we work. But when we PRAY, God works!" Morning Prayer Group – all are welcome. Come study the Bible, and give and receive prayer. Meets every Friday morning at 6:30 a.m. at the church office